14 May, 2012

6 Months!


Luke Brennan, you are SIX MONTHS OLD today!  I absolutely cannot wrap my mind around the fact that it has been HALF A YEAR since you were born already!  Time is a'flyin'!

 

You are such a SWEET baby.  As long as your belly is full, you are happy.  Just like your brother, you can play and play and entertain yourself pretty well.  You make all kinds of noises; you love to test out your voice!  I love all those baby squeals and squawks and grunts; you have even started babbling, "mamamamamama..."  I know you are too little to be saying your first words, but I secretly love it that it sounds like you're saying, "Momma."  :-)  You are quite the giggle box, too...we love finding ways to coax out those baby belly laughs!  You have the same fondness for Praise Baby DVDs that your brother had...it is so cute to watch the two of you glued to the TV, laughing at the sweet kids and singing along with the hymns!  Momma usually pops one of those DVDs in when she needs a shower...it's a guaranteed 30 minutes of time for myself, haha! 


You roll all over the place.  You can sit up unsupported for short increments of time.  You are starting to get into some of your big brother's toys...he is not too sure how he feels about that!  You recently found your feet and it is so funny to watch you grab them, play with them, try to stuff them into your mouth.  When you are on your belly, you can drag yourself around a bit - you want SO BADLY to be able to crawl!  You lay on your belly, flailing your arms and legs and squawking; soon, little buddy, soon. (But not too soon, ok?  Momma is not quite ready for that...)  Just like the rest of us, you LOVE to play outdoors.  We are in for such a fun summer!


You sleep all night, from about 9:30 p.m. - 6:30 a.m. (thank you for that, by the way!  Momma & Daddy are much more fun when we are well-rested!  ;-), then you eat and go back to sleep for an hour or two.  You recently started refusing your late morning nap, but around noon, you usually need a quick "recharge."  And when I say quick, we are talking about 15-30 minutes.  Then it's time to play again!  Thankfully, you take a nice, long nap from about 3:00 - 5:00 p.m., which coincides with your big brother's nap time, allowing Momma to rest or get some work done.


We tried feeding you baby cereal for a few weeks, but you REALLY didn't like it, and you let us know!  We persisted for a while, but you would gag and sometimes even vomit, so we decided to give it up.  I actually thought you had a bug one week, but now I know it was you telling me you didn't like that yucky stuff!  You have been getting a few bites of green beans while we are eating supper, and you seem to like those much better, so I guess we will skip the cereal and start trying some veggies!  I am excited to start making baby food again; I loved making it when your brother was a baby!  You still nurse 6-7 times a day (which is great for Momma's weight loss, since I haven't been doing so well on my diet lately!).  You wear size 6-9 mos. clothing and size 2 diapers, although I think within the next month we will be moving up to size 9-12 mos. & size 3 diapers!  I can't wait to find out how big you've gotten at your doctor's appointment next week - I'm guessing around 20ish lbs!


Little boy, you bring such joy to our lives.  I remember being pregnant with you and wondering what you would look like, what your personality would be like, how I would be able to love another little boy as much as I love my first...God went so far above and beyond anything I could have dreamed when he gave us you!  


Well, you and your brother just went down for a nap, which means it's time for Momma to go soak up some sun & read her book.  Happy 6 months, sweet boy!  We are so thankful to have you in our family!

Love, 
Daddy, Momma & Big Brother Joshy


No comments:

Post a Comment