1. Fisher Price Soothe & Glow Seahorse. I know I already dedicated an entire post to this creature, but it is Luke's favorite and it really DOES help him drift off to sleep!
2. Professionalizing Motherhood by Jill Savage. I have been trying to get through this book for a while, but when I do get a chance to read a chapter or two, I am loving it! In the book, Jill talks about the ups and downs of motherhood. One of my favorite quotes thus far is this: "We assume accomplishment is indicated by tangible results. Most often we want those results to closely follow the efforts we have invested. We are a very accomplishment-driven society. We measure people's worth by what they do, by what they achieve. This approach sets a dangerous trap for mothers at home. If we don't stop and change our perspective, we will find ourselves in a never-ending state of frustration. The profession of motherhood has one primary goal - to see a child grow into a mature, godly, respectful and loving adult. This is a task that takes an investment of more than eighteen years for each child - an incredibly long, long-term goal! With a goal like that, we are not often going to see results that closely follow the effort we have put forth. We may be pursuing a result that we will only see decades from now, but let's not lose sight of our extremely important goal. Motherhood is vitally important and a worthy profession to commit ourselves to." This is a good reminder for me on the days when I don't feel as though I have "accomplished" anything. My accomplishments don't have anything to do with how many loads of laundry I got done that day or how clean my kitchen floor is!
3. Jillian Michaels' 30-Day Shred. OK, so honestly, this is more of a love/hate relationship, haha. It has been a month since I started doing the Shred again, and I am definitely seeing results! I am bound and determined to keep this up!
4. International Delight York Peppermint Pattie creamer. OH. MY. GOODNESS. If you like peppermint patties, you will LOVE this in your morning coffee! It tastes EXACTLY like a peppermint pattie...YUMMO!
5. I don't have a photo for this one, but I am loving that both boys are taking a nap right now! Maybe Momma might be able to catch a short one, too! :-)
6. Valentine's Date Night. The hubby and I got a chance to go out Saturday night to celebrate Valentine's Day. We went out for dinner and did a little shopping. I'll admit, it was difficult for me to talk/think about anything but the boys. I spend pretty much all day every day with them, so it's tough to switch out of "Momma Mode," haha! But it was so special for us to be able to go out together and enjoy some adult conversation and just spend time as "us." I am so grateful to be married to such a wonderful man! Love him more and more every day!
And of course...
7. I am loving these two boys' adorable smiles...how could you not? They bring such joy to my days!
That's it for today...time for this momma to try to get a little rest!
Happy Monday!
No comments:
Post a Comment