At just over two years, our big boy is such a joy. Of course, I'll probably always think that, even when he gives us a hard time - I'm his momma, I'm allowed! :-)
He LOVES learning. He can now count to thirty on his own, and tries to count even higher, but when he reaches "forty," or "fifty," or "sixty," etc., he can't remember the number, so he says "ten." Haha.

Recently, he sings all the time. My family teases me that I had this coming, because I used to drive them crazy with my incessant singing - and still do! LOL. The other day I was grocery shopping and must have been singing (most of the time I don't even notice that I'm doing it!), and an elderly lady told me that meant I have "inner happiness." So, if JJ's constant singing means he has "inner happiness," then sing out, little buddy! Some of his current favorites are, "Jesus Loves Me," "Annie Ooh," the ABC song, and the Doxology. His version of the Doxology cracks me up. It goes something like this: "Lalalalala blessings flow! Lalala creatures here below! Lalalalala heavenly hosts! Lala Father, Son & Holy Ghost!" So cute!

The little man amazes me with all the new words and phrases he picks up. One that has been especially frequent and adorable lately is, "Alright! Great!" Those of you who know him know he is an incredibly messy eater. Thus, if we are eating something that might stain, I make him take his shirt off (Hey, I don't need MORE laundry to do!). The other night he sat at the table for dinner and said, "Shirt on?" When I told him yes, he could keep his shirt on, his reply was, "Alright! Great!" I almost busted a gut! And whenever we are getting ready to go somewhere, I'll tell him where we're going and he'll say, "Alright! Great! C'mon! Let's GO!"
He has also started telling me when he is going to the bathroom in his diaper. We attempted potty training a couple weeks ago and it was a complete disaster, so we decided to put it off a little while longer. But now, whenever he is going, he says, "Pooping, Momma!" Thanks, buddy. HA. Yesterday he said, "Pooping. BOOYAH!" I have since discovered who the culprit for "Booyah" is...yes, Jon Stier, I am talking to you...I know you're reading this! :-)

Daddy recently taught Josh to give a "pound," so he has to try out his new greeting on everyone. The other day I caught him on the floor next to Luke giving him a "pound" and trying to teach him to do it back. Hilarious! He's catching on to this whole big brother thing!
Joshua is still obsessed with Thomas the Train, his Hotwheels cars, and Lightning McQueen. Some of his favorite movies include the Lion King, Despicable Me, Cars, & How to Train Your Dragon. His two favorite books are Llama Llama Red Pajama & Counting Cows. We read those two just about every night before bed. And he is rarely without his Puppy. In fact, they have been so inseparable that it's difficult for me to sneak Puppy into the washing machine without the boy noticing. You've probably noticed that Puppy makes it into just about every photo. J has learned how to do everything with one hand so he can hold Puppy in the other.

The kiddo still loves food as much as ever. He is so cute when we go to a restaurant and will tell the server what he wants. He quite often eats more than I do at a meal. Of course, he runs all day long, so he burns it all off!
I am sure I have forgotten something, but we are closing in on bedtime at our house, and I want to catch a little snuggle time with the boys before lights out. Happy Monday!
No comments:
Post a Comment