24 April, 2012

Recent Pinterest Finds


 For those of you who have not yet jumped on the Pinterest bandwagon, I am telling you, you MUST try it!  It has made my weekly meal planning a breeze.  I used to struggle with the feeling that we eat the same. old. things. all the time, but now, I just go to Pinterest.com, pin any recipes that sound good, and when it comes time to make out my grocery list, I ask Mike which of my pinned recipes he would like to try that week.  Super easy, and it has taken the hum drum out of planning, cooking and eating!  It has also made it a little difficult to lose weight, as there are so many AH-MAZING desserts to try, haha!  But, I only have 8 lbs. to go - woohoo!  Anyway, here are some of the recent recipes we have tried and LOVED:

Best Chocolate Chip Cookies in the Universe



And yes, they honestly WERE the best chocolate chip cookies ever.  Thick, soft, FULL of chocolate!  I under baked mine quite a bit, though.  11 - 12 minutes opposed to the 15 the recipe calls for.

Cookies & Cream Cheesecake Cupcakes


 http://www.handletheheat.com/2010/02/cookies-cream-cheesecake-cupcakes.html

Made these for last night's dessert...delish!  The recipe makes a lot, though...I would probably cut it in half if I were to make these again. 

Cranberry Crockpot Chicken



SUPER easy and yummy!

Mini Chicken Pot Pies


http://www.bettycrocker.com/Tips/TipsLibrary/Cooking-Tips/Create-Your-Own-Signature-Mini-Pie

Mike LOVES chicken pot pie, so I thought this would be a fun one to try!  We had them for dinner last night.  So quick & easy & yummy!  You could make so many different kinds...bacon cheeseburger, pizza pies, whatever...just add the filling you want!  These are also freezer friendly, which is a huge plus for me!  Keep them on hand and just toss into the microwave for a fast dinner!  Joshua dubbed them, "DEE-LICIOUS!"

White Chocolate Blueberry Brownies



I made these the other night to go along with "breakfast for dinner."  They were the perfect addition!  A different twist on a blueberry muffin.  I baked mine a little longer than the recipe recommends, and I sprinkled the top with sugar.  Divine!

Baked Oatmeal with Strawberries, Bananas & Chocolate



I have made this one a couple times now.  It was good with the bananas, but I am a little iffy about reheating a banana, so I dumped the leftovers.  The second time, I replaced the bananas with blueberries.  It needed to set a little longer than the original version, but I much prefer it with the blueberries.  This has become a family favorite!  

Anyway, there are some of my reviews on some awesome recipe finds!  I have LOTS more pinned that I can't wait to try!

Oh, and check out this super cute idea I also found on Pinterest for the boys' ocean-themed bathroom:


Aren't those adorable?  I definitely want to try this, if I can ever get around to it, haha!  

Have a wonderful Tuesday, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment