21 June, 2011

Sweet Summertime Treat


Yesterday, Joshua got to experience his first ice cream cone as a bedtime snack.


It was so cute to watch him try to figure out how to eat it. First he took a bite out of the top, but then he wasn't sure that was how it worked...


So he tried it this way...


What do you mean that's not how I'm supposed to eat it, Momma?


Oh, fine, I'll try it your way...


I asked him, "Is it delicious?" His response: "Mmmmm, 'lishus!"


Love those chipmunk cheeks!


He ended up eating the cone first, so by the end he was holding a big blob of ice cream and chocolate in his hands.


Best treat ever, Momma!


There was lots of finger licking.


Can I have another?


All done!



He was pretty proud of himself. There was quite a mess to clean up, but I am learning that with this boy, messes will probably be a daily part of life for the next 18 years or so...and I really don't mind that much. :-)

1 comment:

  1. How cute! What a super fun treat for him (well for all of us, who doesn't love ice cream!?!)! Great pictures!!

    ReplyDelete