15 June, 2011

Tough Guy



As all you mommas of little boys know, boo-boo's can be a(n) daily hourly occurrence. Especially if your child is as WILD rough-and-tumble as mine. Today, while I was doing laundry, I heard the blood-curdling cries that usually signify pain. I went to check on J, and he was lying on the living room floor with nothing around him, crying as though he was in the worst pain of his life. I have NO CLUE what he did, but he has this pretty red mark (possibly a rug burn?) as a souvenir.



It actually looks much worse in person than in the pictures...poor little guy. Thankfully, he's pretty tough, and a couple snuggles and kisses later, and he was back to his usual, rambunctious self!



One of the songs I sing to him often is "Jesus Loves Me." Today I sang, "Jesus loves me this I know..." and before I could continue, he said, "Bye-buh" (his word for Bible). I was so excited that he knew what came next in the song! So I tried again. I sang "Yes, Jesus loves me..." and waited, and he said, "Yes!" It is amazing what they pick up at such a young age - it definitely makes me think about my words and actions a LOT - after all, he is watching my every move! What an awesome (and humbling) responsibility we have to raise our children up to be men and women of God. I cannot think of a better vocation!

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Love and blessings,
The Hollemans

No comments:

Post a Comment