Here they are, the photos you have been waiting for from our trip to Pella! We had such a fun week, despite the heat! We were TV and computer free all week, and I LOVED it.
The big boy slept in the first morning...after waking up SIX TIMES in the middle of the night! That is so unlike him...I think some of the noises and lights in the camper were throwing him off. Thankfully, as the week went on, he adjusted and started sleeping a little better.
Baby boy napped a LOT the first few days...the heat really wore him out!
The boys spent plenty of time in their inflatable pools keeping cool.
This *little* guy just wore his diaper most of the week...who needs clothes when it is 100+ degrees outside?!
Chillin' with Daddy
We spent lots of time in the shade playing cards.
Due to the heat, Lake Red Rock was full of ecoli and unsafe for swimming, so we ventured into Pella a couple afternoons to keep cool in the pool!
Joshua LOVED the pool...there were sprinklers, slides, a lazy river, and tons of kids to play with! He could have stayed there all day long!
I love this photo...look closely...his feet aren't touching the ground! He was having so much fun he just kept jumping up and down!
When the girls decided to set up the badminton net, Joshua grabbed the directions and sat down to tell them what to do! So cute.
*Helping* Abby and Sarah set up the net.
I swear, this child is a DIRT MAGNET. He loves it. He COATS HIMSELF in it.
The dirtier the better!
Once upon a time, I probably would have freaked out and immediately set out to give him a bath. But, being a momma of boys, I have learned that a little dirt can't hurt. And he was having such a good time, I just couldn't bear to ruin his fun! Don't worry, we did eventually rinse him off.
One of the best parts of the week was when we had our own "Pella Summer Olympics 2012!" We had a tournament of Bean Bag Toss, Spin It, and Badminton.
The peanut gallery.
I love this photo of Nick, LOL.
Mike and I were eliminated pretty quickly from all three games, but it was so much fun watching everyone else play...and, hey, there's always next year! We have plenty of time to practice up!
These photos are the only evidence I have that I went on the trip, haha. I am usually the one behind the camera. Lukey had just as much fun as his big brother at the pool!
Grandma Sharon bought Joshy a yummy cookie from Jaarsma's bakery. He didn't eat much of his supper that night, but he sure demolished that cookie!
One of the best parts of camping is sitting around the camp fire! Even though it was hot, we managed to get a couple good camp fire nights in.
After a hot, busy week, the boys were beat!
Snoozing while we were loading up.
What a terrific week of fun, food and fellowship! We head off on our next vacation in just 4 days...yikes! I had better get busy unpacking so I can get busy packing, haha!
Hope you are finding ways to keep cool! Love and blessings!
Mike, Krys, Joshua and Luke














No comments:
Post a Comment