04 August, 2011

Movie Date & Updates



Last week Mike & I had the chance to go on a date to the movies. It was so nice to be able to leave Joshua in the very capable hands of one of his favorite sitters and spend the afternoon together. We are trying to be very intentional about having "us" time at least once a month...this has proven more difficult this summer than we thought it would, as our summer has been jam-packed with activities!

We are still in desperate need of some rain here in IL, but thankfully the temps and humidity have let up a little the past couple days...today's high is only 84, with only 10% humidity! Hallelujah! JJ and I were actually able to go for a 4-mile walk last night, and hope to be able to do the same tonight while Daddy mows the lawn.

At 25 weeks, I am still feeling great, with very few aches & pains. Baby Boy has been extremely active lately, which is always fun. I have been trying to catch naps every once in a while in the afternoon, since I can tell I don't have quite as much energy as I usually do. Last week I laid down with Joshua to put him down for his nap, and woke up two hours later - guess we both needed a nap, ha!

I know I keep saying this, but Little J is just learning and changing so much lately! Every day I think he looks more grown up! He has no trouble communicating what he needs, and learns new words at a rapid pace! The other day Mike and I were talking, and he said the number, "one,"and Joshua said, "two, three, four, five..." omg_smile.gif So now we are working on numbers as well as letters! He is also learning his colors and animals, and has gone potty on the big boy potty twice! We can barely keep up with the kid! But we are loving each new phase!

Enjoy this beautiful day!
Love and blessings,
M, K & JJ

No comments:

Post a Comment