Mike passed all his classis exams on Tuesday and has been approved for ordination - can I get an AMEN????? :-) So proud of all his hard work, and excited for whatever plans God has for our future!
Joshua taking a nap with his Beary. He will NOT nap without it, and it's so cute how he just cuddles that little bear up to his face and falls right to sleep!
I should warn you, there are a LOT of photos in this post! It's been a few days since I posted, so now it's time to play catch-up!
Mike, Josh and I have really been having a blast just "being" together after Mike's classis exams. We know that we will both soon be working full-time, so it's important to take advantage of these moments together! It has been so nice to just be able to enjoy one another without too many of life's day-to-day tasks getting in the way!
This week I made Josh's first baby green beans. I didn't realize how easy it would be, and it is so much healthier (and cheaper!) than store-bought baby food!
First try...
He was not too sure...
But he soon decided that he LOVES green beans (as you can tell by the green shirt, face and hands!)! Mike and I have decided that this kid will pretty much eat anything we put in front of him!
So, green beans are a YES! The green spit up and green poo that come with it, however, are another story...be thankful I didn't post photos of those! ;-)
Daddy tells the BEST jokes!
What a crack-up!
Scooting himself across the floor to get to his favorite toy...
...phew! Made it!
Thursday was our "little" guy's 5-month birthday - I can't believe it's already been 5 months! The time really flies!
P.U., that's a stinky foot!!!!!
We knew Joshua was long, but I didn't realize just how long until I saw this photo! His legs seem to go on for miles! He obviously doesn't get his height from his 5'2" momma! ;-)
Mike and I spent today packing up all the decorations in the house. I know I've said this before, but I'll say it again...I do NOT enjoy packing! And now our house looks so bare...but, we got a LOT done and it feels good to have accomplished so much in one day!
To reward ourselves for all our hard work, we visited Captain Sundae's in Zeeland...YUM!
The perfect treat for a warm day!
After Captain Sundae's, we strolled around downtown Holland and through Centennial Park.
Joshy didn't make it very far before he zonked out!
Then JJ and Daddy played on the swings - the perfect end to a lovely day!
And now, here we sit, typing this blog! Josh loves to sit in our laps while we're on the computer! Who knows - in a year or two, he'll probably be much more computer savvy than his ol' Mom and Dad!
Well, friends, it's time to get this little man to bed - he is fading fast, and so am I!
Love and blessings,
M, K & JJ
Awh, Krystal - love reading your posts! So cute. Joshua is always sooooo happy...can't wait to see all of you guys again, hopefully soon?
ReplyDelete