On Wednesday, September 11, I had my 38-week check up. Everything looked great and the doctor said labor could occur at any time! Almost immediately after I left his office I started having contractions. They were not regular or timeable so I didn't give it much thought as I went about my errands.
At around 1:30 in the afternoon, my contractions started getting more painful and were 3-5 minutes apart. After about an hour of these, we called our baby-sitter and the doctor and headed into the office so they could monitor my contractions. I had made some change since my appointment that morning, so he decided to send us on to the hospital!
On the way there, my contractions got even closer together and more painful. But when we arrived, I hadn't progressed, so they had us walk the halls for an hour. An hour of walking and still no progression. Had us walk another hour. Still nothing. At this point we thought we might get sent home. I was scared because the contractions were coming so strong and so hard and I had no idea how I would know when to head back to the hospital!
My OB wasn't comfortable sending us home since we live so far from the hospital, so we got checked in. I sat on a yoga ball for an hour and FINALLY had progressed from a 4 to a 6. We were having a baby!
They broke my water. I bounced on the yoga ball some more and then moved into the bed and onto my hands and knees to help the baby move down. Don't ask me why, but I opted for no epidural this time and oh man! The contractions were killer.
Finally at about 3 a.m. I felt the urge to push. 3 pushes and he was here! Kaleb Nolan Holleman came into this world at 3:12 a.m. on September 12th, 2013, after 14 hours of labor (my longest labor yet!).
7 lbs. 6 oz. 19.5 in. of perfection!
So far, the transition to a family of 5 has been fairly smooth. We have had lots of help and Mike has stayed home a couple days. Talk to me next week when we're completely on our own, haha.
We are so thankful for our 3 healthy boys. God has truly blessed us. Thank you all for the outpouring of love and prayers!
Mike, Krys, Joshua, Luke & Kaleb

Wow - you're a rockstar! Your longest labor and no epidural - way to go! The picture of you and Kaleb is beautiful, you look absolutely amazing!
ReplyDelete