31 August, 2012

Friday Randoms


How is it possible that today is the last day of August?  Summer is officially over.  While I love fall, it makes me sad to see summer go.  That means our days of playing outside are numbered.  Winter is hard in this household, because these boys, especially the big one, THRIVE on being outdoors.  He has so much energy, and is a much happier guy if he can burn some of it off outside (not to mention Momma is happier, LOL)!  So, we WILL be spending as much time as possible playing outside these next few months until we just can't take the cold!


Last night we had a cookout with some friends.  SUCH fun times!  When we got into the car to leave, Joshua said, "That was so fun!"  I concur!


 Two-year-olds are a species all their own.  Joshua can be the absolute sweetest, most lovable little boy most of the time.  But then, there are days when this unrecognizable, inconsolable, angry-at-the-world, don't-come-near-me-I-will-rip-you-to-shreds beast takes over my darling little man's body.  No matter what I do, I can't get him to snap out of it.  It's like he's not the same child.  Once it's out of his system, he's back to normal, like nothing ever happened.  But those days when the beast emerges?  Don't come knocking.  You don't want to see that!


I am learning that potty training is a process...it does not happen overnight, at least not for us.  We had a few rough days this week, after I thought we had this thing licked.  And now he is back to doing great!  Phew.


 These two little boys playing together just melts my heart.  When we first brought Luke home, I was sort of worried about JJ's reaction.  He wasn't jealous or angry, more like apathetic, which worried me.  He just didn't really seem to notice that Luke was around.  He would give him kisses if we prompted, but otherwise he didn't really want anything to do with him.  This was good in a way, because I didn't have to worry constantly about him trying to smother the baby or pick him up or anything like that.  But I so badly wanted him to at least LIKE his brother.  In the last couple months, it's like a switch has flipped!  He ADORES Luke now.  This morning he asked me to please bring Lukey into his room so they could play tractors and trains together.  Sweetest thing ever. 


 Luke sat up from a laying-down position for the first time today!  Now he keeps doing it...I am pretty sure when I go to get him from his nap, I'll find him sitting up in the crib!  Such a big boy!


Luke finally got his first tooth on the right side, so now he has FOUR...3 on the left, 1 on the right!  And two more top ones are trying to break through.


I am listening to Joshua upstairs, acting out scenes from Toy Story with his Buzz Lightyear and Woody action figures and it just cracks me up.  He knows the scenes WORD-FOR-WORD.  Such a smarty-pants.  Did you notice his band-aid?  No boo-boos...this is a cheap potty-training prize, haha!  There have been times when he has had up to 3 on each arm, LOL.  They have Toy Story characters on them and he loves them!


 This past week was the 2-year anniversary of our move to Fairview!  It has been two FAST years, and yet, it seems like this has been our home forever.  We are so very blessed. 







 Mike took this pic of the boys last week, and even though Luke's eyes are closed, I just love it!


 Well, I told you this post was going to be random!  That's a little bit how I'm feeling today...scattered, haha.  Thank goodness it's the weekend!  Have a wonderful holiday weekend!

Love and blessings,
M, K, JJ & LB

No comments:

Post a Comment