At my 39-week appointment on Wednesday the 9th, my OB suggested an induction for a couple reasons: 1) We live nearly an hour from the hospital, and 2) I tested positive for Group B Strep, and he wanted me to have plenty of time to get the necessary antibiotics to protect myself and baby. We decided to go ahead & schedule the induction for Sunday the 13th, knowing that baby still had plenty of time to come on his own.
39 weeks 5 days pregnant - time to have a baby!
We checked into the hospital Sunday night at 10 p.m. I had been contracting irregularly all weekend. I was a bit nervous about being induced; I had heard many horror stories about extremely LONG, drawn-out inductions, some of which turned into c-sections. I had such a positive labor experience when Joshua was born, and had been hoping for a similar experience this time around. Anyway, the nurse started my pitocin drip a little after 11, and we were off! By 2:00 a.m., I decided I needed the epidural in order to get a little rest (only got about 2 hours of sleep the night before because I was so excited!). Was able to rest a couple hours, read a book, watch some TV, and by 8:30 a.m. it was time to push! 3 pushes and the little man was here! He had the cord wrapped twice around his neck and had a little difficulty breathing right off, but he soon let out a few wails that quickly cleared his lungs! While my labor was a bit longer than it was with Joshua (9 hours vs. 6.5 hours), the experience was just as wonderful, and we are so thankful that God blessed us with another beautiful, healthy little boy!
Just a couple hours old...
Thus far, Luke has been an extremely easy baby. He wakes a couple times a night to eat, but otherwise sleeps soundly. He is nursing like a champ and already seems bigger to me! He rarely cries, even when he is hungry. Little man is a major cuddlebug, but this momma isn't going to complain! :-)
Sweet baby boy.


Another cute baby, Krys! He is precious. Enjoy these years. They go too quickly.
ReplyDeleteThink of you often! :)
ReplyDelete