16 February, 2011

So What Wednesday & Bananas

I am borrowing this idea from my friend Traci at Traci's Trip. So What Wednesday is a fun way of saying what all us mothers and wives are thinking. Enjoy!

So What If...

*So what if my son lost his sippy cup three days ago and I just found it yesterday...still full of milk you don't want to know...

*So what if yesterday, while making spaghetti for dinner, I accidentally dumped all the dry spaghetti noodles onto the kitchen floor...yes, we are talking the entire box...and picked them up, dusted them off and proceeded to cook spaghetti for my boys...

*So what if my child wore his pajamas all day yesterday...he probably will today, too...

*So what if we sometimes eat frozen pizza twice a week...

*So what if every time I open the pantry something falls out on me because we are too lazy to put things away correctly...after all, an overflowing pantry is a blessing, right?

*So what if when I do laundry it sometimes sits folded in the basket for a week...I despise putting laundry away...

*So what if every time I walk through my kitchen my feet crunch because my child dumped crackers all over the floor and I have yet to clean them up...

*So what if I am trying to kick my caffeine addiction and am currently on my fourth cup of coffee this morning...hey, it's half-caff!

*So what if all my Tupperware is currently scattered across the kitchen floor...amongst the cracker crumbs...the boy loves to play with Tupperware!

*So what if I already went grocery shopping this week and will probably go again because I forgot half the things we need...

*So what if I just caught my child eating leftover Fruit Loops out of his high chair...I meant to clean those up...

I hope you enjoyed So What Wednesday! Feel free to share some of your "So-What" moments! :-)

On another note, here are some photos of our little man inhaling his lunch today...the kid has a love affair with bananas!



NOM NOM NOM...



Among the new words he has learned recently is "Banana." Yes, he can actually say banana! So cute. Comes out more like, "Badana," but for 13 months, it is very clear what he's saying! And since he loves bananas so much, every time we ask what he wants to eat, he says, "Badana." Probably because it is the only food name he knows, but it's so sweet!



When I say he inhales them, I am not exaggerating...I usually break the banana in half for him, and before I've even turned around, it's gone! He stuffs one half into his mouth and then the other...maybe he will be a world record banana eater someday, ha!



His other new words this week are "Crackers," which comes out, "Ta-tas," and "Cheese," which sounds more like, "Teese." When I pull out the camera and ask him to say "Cheese," he scrunches up his little nose, gives me his goofiest grin and says, "TEESE!" This is his "Cheese" face.



Another big development is understanding what "Please" means and knowing when to say it. Now when I ask him, "Do you want a sippy cup?" or "Do you want a snack?" he says, "PEESE" without any prompting. We are working on, "Thank you," but usually by the time he would need to say thank you, his mouth is full of something... ;-)



Ta-Da! Finished my banana, Momma! What else do we have?????

Hope you are having a wonderful week, and if not, it's already Wednesday...you're halfway there!

Love and Blessings,
Mike, Krys & Joshua



1 comment:

  1. So what? It means that you are enjoying being a mom and loving on that little guy, that's what! Someday(believe me, I'm there), you can clean your house and it stays clean for a week. or even two, until the kids come home again. And I don't even mind the backpacks, laptops, and empty pop cans laying around because it means my kids are home!

    ReplyDelete