38 weeks.
39 weeks
My induction was scheduled for Monday, October 5 at 6:00 p.m. We got checked in at the hospital but they were running a bit behind, so by the time they started me on the pitocin drip, it was 8:00. I made Mike watch Dancing with the Stars with me to keep me distracted, LOL. After about an hour of pitocin, I was dilated to a 5, so the doctor broke my water. Got the epidural around 9:30 p.m. At 11:00, Mike and I were settling in to rest and wait. The nurse came in to check my progress and told us there was no time for a nap, it was go time! After just a couple pushes, Lydia Karlynne Holleman came into the world at 11:12 p.m.!

Just 3 hours 12 minutes of labor! Mike got to deliver her, which was so special. We both felt the doctors and nurses did whatever they could to make this birth experience everything we wanted it to be.

Her middle name, Karlynne, is a combination of our mothers' names - Karlyn and Lynne. 7 lbs. 7 oz. 20 in. of perfection!


The adjustment has been going well so far. The boys think she's pretty sweet. Joshua was a little stand-offish the first week, but he's come around. Luke runs hot and cold with her; sometimes he's very attentive and loving, sometimes he wants nothing to do with her. Kub, though - he ADORES her. It's so sweet to watch him with her. He'll read stories to her, kiss her, bring her a paci or toy, or lay on the floor and talk to and play with her. I really thought he'd be the one who would experience some jealousy, but he can't get enough of his "baby didder". :-)
I can't get over how much God has blessed us. I am so thankful for this life!
More posts to come today as I play catch up...so bear with me!

No comments:
Post a Comment