11 February, 2014

96 Years Young


About 3 weeks ago, the boys and I headed to Iowa for my Great-Grandma Rozendaal's 96th birthday.



Luke:  "Aren't we DONE taking pictures yet?!?!"



The great-grandkids who were able to attend the party.


Love my sis!


Grandkids.


Grandkids and their spouses.


Grandma R. with her daughter Linda & husband Richard (my grandparents).



Daughter-in-law Sheryl, son-in-law Richard, daughter Linda and Grandma R.


Daughter-in-law Sheryl & Grandma R.


Daughter Linda & Grandma R.

What a special lady!  I have so many sweet memories of Grandma R.  She always used to let us search through her penny collection and keep the shiniest ones.  She would walk with us up to Casey's and buy us M&M's.  She taught me how to braid & cross-stitch.  I had my first taste of coffee (decaf, of course!) with her at the Coffee Cup Cafe.  She played innumerable games of Rummikub, Go Fish & Old Maid with us.  She made the absolute BEST applesauce!  So many more, but those are a few of my favorites.  Love her so much!  Her 96 years on this earth have blessed so many lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment