08 May, 2013

Overheard in Parenting

Joshua is at such a fun age right now.  He always has something to say, and usually has us in stitches!  Here are just a few recent Joshua-isms so I won't forget them...

1)  Daddy:  "We have lots of long patches of grass in the yard.  Time to mow!"
Momma:  "It's from all the dog poop, squirrel poop, etc. during the winter."
Joshua:  "And snowman poop!"

2)  Yesterday I came downstairs in a dress.  Joshua said, "Momma, did you shave your legs?"  Um, yes buddy, but thanks for checking.  HA!

3)  We were on our way to the doctor's office to find out the gender of Baby #3.  Mike said, "Daddy thinks it's a girl.  Momma thinks it's a boy.  What do you think, Joshua?"  He thought a minute, then said, "Um, I think it's just a baby, I guess."

4)  When we found out we are having a boy, Joshua told us he thinks the name should be "Daddy Jr."

5)  The other day after church, some friends invited us out for lunch.  When we told JJ where we were going he said, "We're eating at a restaurant?  A REAL restaurant?!"  He was so excited!  Apparently we don't get out enough, LOL.

6)  Throughout this pregnancy, Joshua has said we are having a girl.  The other night before bed, he changed his mind and said he wanted another brother.  I said, "So, there will be 3 brothers?"  He said, "No, how about 5 brothers!"  Mike told him no, there is only one baby in Momma's tummy.  He said, "Oh, there aren't TWO babies?  Oh, ok."  Apparently he thinks I am too big to be having just 1 baby!

7)   Whenever someone sneezes, he always says, "Bless you!"  But instead of calling it a "sneeze," he calls it a "bless."  ie.  "I just blessed!" or "Daddy blessed!"



I'm sure there are more that I'm forgetting, but those of some of the best ones.  This kid is such a character...can't wait to see what he comes up with next!

No comments:

Post a Comment