Today has just been one of "those" days...if you're a parent, you know exactly what I am talking about. You can do everything to ensure your child will behave appropriately, and they still throw you for a loop.
We went to Joshua's first tumbling class this morning and it did not go well. He doesn't like to be told to sit, or wait patiently for his turn, and he is terrified of most adults he doesn't know. He would not participate. He didn't want the teacher touching him to help him do a somersault. He didn't want to sit with his group and listen to instructions. I had to go with him to each station, which was tough, because I also had the little guy with me. Joshua mostly just sat on my lap and pouted.
I was so looking forward to this class, and I really thought he would love it because he loves running and jumping and acting silly. He was even super excited until we got there. He DID attempt two of the activities; he jumped on the trampoline for a bit, and he jumped into the foam pit. And, to be fair, this class is for ages 3-5 years, so he is one of the youngest ones. The teacher also said most of the kids have done the class before, so they already knew what to expect.
I guess I just feel a little...defeated. The best-laid plans never go the way we expect, do they?! So, we will trek back to the Y next week and try again. I think Mike is going to come home for an early lunch that day so I can take just Joshua. And hopefully, he will be a better listener and all will be well. I dearly love this sweet, happy, stubborn-as-a-mule little boy, even when we have these kinds of days!
Happy Tuesday! :-)
-K
Aww to bad. Maybe you got him on a bad day. Mayeb it will be better next time. Sounds like fun!
ReplyDelete