06 August, 2010

Air Zoo, Pineapple and Vacuuming



We are always searching for fun, FREE summer activities we can do as a family. Today we went to the Kalamazoo Air Zoo - yes, it's FREE!!!!!



I'm not the history buff that my husband is (he was on Cloud 9!), but I really enjoyed learning about the different planes, when they were built, which countries used them, etc. Joshy thought it was so cool to see all those big airplanes!



We have discovered a new favorite food for Joshua - PINEAPPLE! The above picture shows the difference between the bites Mommy cuts and the ones Daddy cuts. Mommy's piece is the top one - about the recommended, baby-finger-nail size. As you can see, Daddy's piece is...bigger! :-)



He prefers Daddy-sized bites!



Since our little man is now quite mobile, we have been attempting to keep the floor as clean as possible. Tonight, we got the vacuum out, and this is what resulted...



No children (or adults!) were harmed in the posting of this blog! While Mike vacuumed, Joshy thought it was funny to scream at the top of his lungs - he wanted to be heard over that vacuum!



And now we are taking it easy, snuggling and watching VeggieTales before bed. Life is GOOD.

Looking forward to the weekend! Love and blessings to you all!

The Hollemans

2 comments:

  1. I was going to say you have to teach him to push on the vacuum from the other side, but since daddy showed him how, that is just as good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow...you DO have a little mover who is really not so little! Lol. Gracelynn has been standing for a while, but just starting to explore walking along the couch. Not much, but enough that we have no free waking moments!

    I roared when I saw Joshua on the vaccum! Haha! And the Dad-sized bites...I see that here too! :D

    ReplyDelete